Monday 13 September 2010

A Horsey Day

Today all of us went horse back riding to the bottom of Bryce Canyon.  Our guide said that we went down to 7000 feet from 8000 feet.  It was quite a ride.  Some parts heading down and consequently coming back up were a little hair raising.  Little trail, big horse, long drop over the edge.  Yikes !!! You get the picture.   And for some reason the mules liked to walk near the edge.  The guide said, ‘Don’t worry, they’re not suicidal’ .. That really made me feel good.  Confused 99% of the critters were mules, but I had a horse.  Hatchet was the name of my horse.  We all form a train and head on down.  Gosh, I haven’t been on a horse’s back in 25 years.  It was a 2 hour ride.  Thought I’d be really sore but not too bad, maybe tomorrow I’ll eat those words.

Ken on Fester Mounting Up Ken and Ruth Narrow Trail Up View from the trail On the Trail #2 The Trail On the trail Our Guide Going Down Bottle Brush Tree 1600 years old 1600 year old tree

No comments:

Post a Comment