Friday 19 March 2010

I'm a dork

Yes, that's right, I'm a dork. We were playing mini putt today and I was chatting away and not paying attention and missed a small step. Twisted my ankle real bad. It hurt alot at the time, but as I continued playing it didn't feel so bad. Finished the game and it hurt but wasn't killing me or anything. It was starting to swell though. Got home and put ice on it, but it continued to swell and really starting to hurt by now. So contacted Blue Cross (you're supposed to call them before you go to the hospital) and they faxed all the info to the hospital and off we went.
Dreading going to emergency, thinking of Toronto's emergency, we had to go. What a difference !!! We walked/hobbled in there and they took me right away. They had the fax from Blue Cross. They got a wheelchair and took me in and the doctor came in right away. Introduced himself to me, shook my hand and examined my foot. Ordered x-rays, and the fellow came right away and wheeled me down to x-ray. Took 3 pictures and back I go again. Doctor read the x-ray's said I had a very bad sprain. The nurse came in, wrapped it, put on a brace and brought me crutches. Gave me a crash course on using the crutches and went home. Whole process took about 1 hour, figured I would be there til midnight. Other than my foot hurt, it was a great experience. Amazing. Blue Cross handled all the $$$, none changed hands.
Quite the picture, me trying to get around in the RV with the crutches, but it hurts so much I can't walk without them. So there I am a dork.....
I hope the swelling has gone down a little by the morning. So much for walking on the beach and the weather has gotten nice, gee what a bummer.
Well until later then..take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment