Wednesday 1 July 2009

Onto Hopewell Cape

Hopewell NB (1) Our 5 PM Social on Canada Day.  There were lots of bugs (as you can tell from some people’s attire)

 

 


Tank of live lobsterAlma NB (4)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  Outside lobster shopAlma NB (2)
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Check out the size of this
lobster.Alma NB (5)

Today was a travel day. We left at 8:30 AM and drove to Alma, NB. We spent a couple hours in this cute little coastal town. It is kept alive in the summer by all the tourists that come to the Bay of Fundy park. But in the winter it just dies. Had fish and chips for lunch and it was excellent. I mean what else do you have for lunch when you're a mere few feet from the Bay of Fundy. Then we went to a lobster place and I bought a 4 - 5 pound lobster, had it cooked and brought it back for supper. Just finished eating (1/2 of it anyway) and it was excellent. What a mess it was to eat, couldn't even crack open the claws with the normal lobster cracker. Had to get Ken to take it outside and smash it with a hammer. What is left I will make a lobster salad for tomorrow. They had some of the biggest lobsters in their tank that I have ever seen in my life.
Then we continued on to this campground. Tomorrow we head for Hopewell Cape in the afternoon to walk the beach with the flower pots while the tide is out.
We have to drive to Moncton tomorrow (about 15 miles) because there is a pot luck on Friday and I need to get stuff to make for it. I thought I would make some chili and I don't have the fixings for that.
Till later then..take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment