Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Postponed (at least 1 day)

The weather is not co-operating for us.  Tomorrow, which was to be our department day promises snow flurries and wind, strong winds.  Those 2 things can be a deadly combination when towing a 5er.  Right now Friday looks good, so we’re aiming for that.  

Things are not set in stone, so we go when the weather dictates.  It’s been pretty cold here and today was download COLD.  I have the furnace set at 50 degrees in the rig, so it’s workable in there.  We’ll make sure we fill the propane tank before we leave here.  There are 2 tanks but we’ll use a fair bit running the furnace once we land.

We had a lovely Christmas.  How can 16 people sound like 40?  LOL.  Dinner was great, even if I do say so myself.  Hardly had any leftovers, which under the circumstance (leaving) was a good thing, but I did have turkey and gravy, so guess what we’ll be having on the way down???

Well that’s all I have for now.  Take care…until later.


  1. watch close for a break in the weather then hit the road Jack....glad to see your christmas was wonderful...wishing I had leftovers safe out there...

  2. Good on you to hold off and wait out bad weather. Safe journey when you when you roll out the big wheels!

  3. So happy you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Hope the weather cooperates on Friday and you can be on your way.

    Stay safe and have fun!

  4. Happy holidays to you and your family, Ruth! and safe travels once you hit the road!

  5. It's wise to wait a day or so to avoid bad weather and yours sounds pretty awful. Hopefully, things will get better fast and you'll be on your way south!

  6. Hopefully it will be warmer and safer in a couple of days. No need to rush it and get into bad weather. Safe travels!