Sunday, 10 October 2010

Another Update

Just a quick note to say that we arrived in Albuquerque today at around 4 PM.  It was about an 350 mile drive from Flagstaff.  Ken and I were on pins and needles the whole trip..waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. 

We had a relaxing evening watching TV and catching up on e-mails, blogs etc.  No cable here but we were able to pick up a signal from our Bell ExpressVu satellite.  I have found that the further south we go the less % of a signal we get on the transponder.  I suppose because the ‘bird’ is over the Canadian skies.

Tomorrow our destination is Amarillo, Texas.  Next set foot in Texas in my life.  But then there were alot of states on this whole trip that I have never set foot in before.  That was the idea of the whole trip.

Prior to today, yesterday we had to vacate the hotel by noon.  Ken had driven over to the rv repair shop and they said there was another delay on the repair of the rig.  It had been promised for noon.  Ken asked him what we were supposed to do because at this point we had no where to go.  He said we could wait in their (terribly dingy) waiting room.  So that’s what we had to do.  We had all the stuff we had carted over to the hotel in there, plus the dogs.  I put Arthur in the car, cracked the windows, put in his litter box, food and water and bed.  Fortunately it was not a hot day, very comfortable.  I checked on him often and he usually was laying on the floor on the drivers side.  It was a terrible wait, poor dogs, poor Maggie, she’s an old gal and it was hard on her.

The repairs were finally completed at just after 6 PM, they took the rig out for a test spin.  We went to pay (they do not take credit cards on any bill over $1500, fees I guess) and their silly debit machine did not recognize our Canadian debit card.  So Ken had to drive over to a bank machine and get the money to pay the bill.  By the time we were out of there it was 7 PM.  Ken had driven over to a RV campground earlier in the day because we knew we would not have it back till late and booked a site.  So we drove to the campground, setup in the dark, something we absolutely HATE to do.  We were all exhausted.  I gave Maggie one of her pain killers, put the heating pad in her bed and she proceeded to crash for the night.  As did Jackson and Arthur and we were not far behind them. 

This morning we left the campground and made out way to Albuquerque. 

So until later..take care.  Wish us better luck and an uneventful trip home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you guys are back up & running, have a great time in Texas and have a cold Lone Star for Sam. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.